Friday, April 18, 2008

Just another reason I love Arbat

Arbat is one of my favorite restaurants in Madison, if not my absolute favorite. It is warm and welcoming, the food is comforting and delicious, and the people who run it are super nice.

That last part is the impetus for this post. But first, a little backstory...

The last time Bryan and I were there was just before Christmas. When he got his beer, a Baltika something-or-other (sorry, I'm not a beer person), he thought the bottle cap was interesting and semi-jokingly mentioned that he might like to tinker around and make something out of a bunch of them.

Well, tonight is my mom's last night here, so I wanted her to have the opportunity to experience the joy that is Arbat. I was excited because it had been a while since I'd been there, but tonight's experience just reinforced why I love it so much - and it didn't even have anything to do with the food (though it was stellar, as always).

Before my mom and I even got to our table, the waitress looked at me and said "your husband, he liked the bottle caps, yes?" I was shocked. We hadn't been there in four months and she remembered. And not only had she remembered, she'd actually been saving the caps. After dinner, she brought out a plastic grocery bag almost full of Baltika beer caps.

Now that's great service. :)

No comments: