Sunday, November 2, 2008

Destined to Early-Vote

I love going to the polls. I get a rush out of standing in line with my fellow citizens, eager to mark my ballot next to the name of the person I feel would best advocate for the needs of the citizens they'd represent.

But I've hit a snag.

Despite the fact that we've both been summoned for jury duty within the last 6 months, the better half and I have discovered that neither of us is on the rolls. Neither of us really want to take the chance that we'll get to the front of the line on Tuesday and have them not allow us to vote. You can register day-of in Wisconsin, but that doesn't mean I'm not anxious about it.

*grumble*grumble*grumble* Effin' Van Hollen. Yeah, the lawsuit was thrown out, but why do I feel like there was a reason we're not listed as being registered? I registered when I voted in the flippin' primary, less than a year ago.

So we'll go tomorrow, after I get home from work, and we'll both bring every piece of information we have that the State of Wisconsin accepts as proof of residence, and cast our ballots a day early.

No comments: