Tuesday, August 24, 2010

I will not apologize

I am very set in my beliefs. I believe in a woman's right to have domain over her body. I believe two adults should have the right to marry each other, regardless of their gender. I believe in religious tolerance and that we, as Americans, should be tolerant not just when it's easy, but also when it challenges us. Especially when it challenges us.

The one thing for which I've gotten the most grief, though, isn't any of the big political issues of the day, it has nothing to do with religion or the free exercise thereof, oh no. What do I get the most grief about?

I absolutely freakin' LOVE Crocs.

Now, mind you, it's not the blaze orange Mario Batali clog thingies I have a passion for. Crocs has several adorable styles. Have you seen them? I'll wait...

See? So cute.

And they are seriously the most comfortable shoes I have ever put on my feet. I'm glad they keep coming out with new styles, because I fear I'm now spoiled. I have some non-Crocs shoes that are still quite comfortable (these immediately come to mind), but I wore some cute, formerly-comfortable dress flats to a funeral last week, and my feet just burned.

I love me some Crocs, and I apologize to nobody.

No comments: