Thursday, April 17, 2008

Cautiously taking head out of sand...

...or should that be snowbank?

Spring has... sprung?

We made it up to 70 one day this week. Our low yesterday was 45. Our low!!! Two months ago... heck, a month ago, I would have been jumping for joy at a high of 45.

Well, as much as I can jump, anyway.
The thought is funnier if you've ever met me.

I believe the last time I wore my coat was Monday afternoon, as I stepped out for lunch. I wore it out to the car, it got thrown in the back seat the second I got to my car, and has been (woefully for the coat, thrillingly for me) neglected ever since.

I'll admit to being slightly chilly and/or windblown once or twice since then, but I'm sure as any Madisonian will understand, after the winter we just survived, I seriously just don't care. I'm so happy it's not freezing, I'm thrilled that the snow piles are just about gone and I'm downright giddy at the thought of not having to brush snow off my car, scrape my windshield or watch for black ice on the sidewalk (or is that beige ice? The sidewalk isn't exactly black...).

But, I digress. I think (hope!) we can safely say that spring is here. And I couldn't be happier.

No comments: