Wednesday, May 28, 2008

I hay bein thickie

I recently returned from a long weekend with friends in Kansas City, and have a nice recap post a-brewin', but due to the fact that my current best friends are my neti pot and a mentholated Breathe-Right strip, I'm just not feelin' it.

Soon come!

EDIT: Kyle left me a comment with a link to this video, featuring Drew, the guy who does Married to the Sea and Toothpaste for Dinner, demonstrating how to use a neti pot. I actually became acquainted with this video earlier today and was going to blog about it, so I guess now's a good time. I love his comics, as well as those of his wife, Natalie Dee, but this video makes me believe the guy just felt like being a douche for douchiness' sake. No worries though, he gets his just reward at around the 2:30 mark, when he decides to demonstrate how to use a neti pot, using whiskey. Douche. The music's fun, though.

In other news, it's fun to say "douche."

After years of having 3-4 sinus infections a year, it's been well over 3 years since my last one. Neti pots really do work. And no amount of douchebaggery will convince me otherwise.

Douche.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

...neti pot.....

::shudder::

Anonymous said...

I love my neti pot! Changed my life, really, a nose douche changed my life! It's true!

Unknown said...

I dunno, I guess the absence of any overly critical commentary from Drew makes me think he was just being his usual goofy self. But you could be right, it could be douchey.

And yes, I've also become unhealthily enamored of the term "douche" and all its derivatives lately.

Dana @ Cooking At Cafe D said...

K,
As gross as it is, once I tried my neti pot I was hooked.

Oh, and my new friend Astelin. Dear Astelin - she stings a bit and she can leave a nasty taste in your mouth if you don't follow her directions - but she's so worth it.
--D

~lifedramatic~ said...

I haven't tried the neti pot yet, but I'm thinking about it!

Hope you feel bettah soon hon!

C

http://lifedramatic.spaces.live.com