Sunday, September 7, 2008

Is Dane County seriously that hard up?

...or is it just that busy?

Wait, don't tell me... I know the answer.

I was an of-age resident of Suffolk County, NY for 4 years and an of-age resident of Dodge County, WI for 7 years. My husband was an of-age resident of Dodge County for 16 years. We were both of-age residents of Fond du Lac County for 1.5 years.

Within 16 months of living in Dane County, we've both been called for jury duty for the first time ever.

My number was never called, so I didn't actually have to go. It's fine with me, because while it might have been nice to get a glimpse into the legal process, I wasn't looking forward to sitting around all day, nor was I looking forward to downtown parking, about which the City admittedly does NOT speak glowingly.

My husband reeeally wants his number to come up (just pleeeease Dane County, not on my birthday? kthx). Working second shift, I'm curious as to when exactly he's supposed to sleep if he gets called, but I suppose we'll cross that bridge when we come to it.

No comments: